Does your infant need digestive support? Developing a healthy balance of probiotic bacteria in the digestive tract is an important part of childhood development. Healthy intestinal microorganisms may support a lifetime of digestive health.*
The diverse variety of beneficial bacteria in ProBiota Infant helps support gastrointestinal and immune system health for children up to the age of 2 and is specially formulated to aid digestion & absorption of breast milk.* ProBiota Infant provides a potent 10 billion organisms or more per 1/4 teaspoon serving.
The specialty blend of Lactobacilli and Bifidobacteria in ProBiota Infant supports:
- Healthy Intestinal Microflora Beneficial probiotic bacteria compete with and exclude harmful microbes from the intestines such as Escherichia coli, Clostridium perfringes, and C. difficile.*
- Healthy Immune Responses: Lactobacillus bacteria are essential for the healthy development of the infant immune system.* Five Bifidobacterium species normally predominant in an infant’s gastrointestinal tract are also included in ProBiota Infant to help modulate immune response to allergens.*1,3
- Improved Nutrient Absorption: ProBiota Infant includes Bifidobactera infantis, a probiotic bacteria that’s unique to infant digestive tracts and helps them digest and absorb nutrients from milk.*2
How to administer and store ProBiota 12: This good tasting powder can be placed directly onto the child’s tongue from your clean fingertip or a clean spoon, mixed with expressed breast milk, formula, or solid food at room temperature as needed. Probiota Infant will maintain or exceed label potency for a year if kept refrigerated. If kept at average room temperature, Probiota Infant will remain potent for 4-6 months. At higher temperatures (86 F), Probiota Infant will maintain potency for about 2 months. These claims are verified by independent, real-time viability tests.* Each container contains 60 servings.
What makes ProBiota Infant the best childrens’ probiotic?
- ProBiota Infant is formulated to be ideal for your infant or toddler’s metabolism: An infant’s gastrointestinal tract is not fully mature and cannot process the D(-) isomer of lactic acid produced by certain Lactobacillus species often found in adult probiotics, such as L. acidophilus and L. reuteri. This product contains only Lactobacillus species that are safe for an infant’s metabolism.*
- ProBiota Infant survives the journey through your child’s digestive system: To be effective, the living organisms in probiotics must survive traveling through stomach acids on the way to the small intestine and colon. This formula uses proprietary technology that protects probiotics against destruction by harsh gastric conditions. As a result, more of the beneficial probiotic bacteria survive the journey to do their work in the GI tract.*
- ProBiota Infant contains only high quality, non-allergenic ingredients: The probiotics used are cultured on a vegetarian growth media that is free of common allergens including dairy, wheat, gluten, egg, and soy, thus reducing your child’s exposure to potential allergens. No sugar, artificial sweeteners, coloring, flavors, or preservatives are used in ProBiota Infant or any other Seeking Health product. Inulin, a dietary fiber derived from chicory root, is used as a base ingredient in place of maltodextrin derived from corn or wheat, often used in other probiotic supplements.*
1.Michail, Sonia. The Role of Probiotics in Allergic Disease. Allergy, Asthma & Clinical Immunology 2009, 5:5 doi:10.1186/1710-1492-5-5
2.Sela, DA et al. The genome sequence of Bifidobacterium longum subsp. infantis reveals adaptations for milk utilization within the infant microbiome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008 Dec 2;105(48):18964-9.
3.Hougee, S. et al. Oral Treatment with Probiotics Reduces Allergic Symptoms in Ovalbumin-Sensitized Mice: A Bacterial Strain Comparative Study. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 2010;151:107–117